Ladies and Gentlemen,
Registration for the 30th Annual OBOA Joint Conference is now open, the conference web page is online and we are accepting electronic registrations. This years conference is being hosted by OBOA and FBOA, and will be held from Sunday March 15th through Tuesday March 17th, 2020 at the Fairlawn Hilton and DoubleTree Campus, 3180 W Market St. Akron, Ohio 44333. Members will need to register before February 22, 2020 in order to be eligible for the Early Bird Rate. If you plan to attend the Joint Conference, Register NOW and Pay Later to be sure to get into the classes of your choice, before they fill up.
Members, prior to registering for the conference, your OBOA Chapter membership through ClubExpress needs to be renewed for 2020 and contact information brought up to date. See Member Login below for instructions. If you received this email, this means you are already in our system, please do not create a duplicate profile.
How to register:
- To begin registration, please click the Event Registration button below after reading the instructions below.
- Log on using your member username and password to be eligible for the reduced member rate. NOTE: If your membership is not up to date, please follow the Membership Renewal instructions below.
- Non-members are able to register for the conference at a higher rate, however, it may be more cost effective to join prior to registering and be eligible for other educational opportunities throughout the year.
- We suggest that you print out the class schedule and select your classes before you begin registration, be careful not to select overlapping time slots.
- Credit card
- Select 'Pay Later' at the end of registration: Please print out an invoice and send/bring with a check to FBOA Payment needs to be postmarked by February 5 or provided at check-in. Mail payment to: Five County Building Officials Association, PO Box 80152, Akron Ohio 44308
Accommodations: Please make your own room reservations if you will be staying overnight, FBOA has a block of rooms set aside at the Fairlawn Hilton or Double Tree at $139 plus applicable taxes per night, includes guest breakfast and parking, For reservations, please call: (330) 867-5000 and mention you are with the Ohio Building Officials. There may be more economical options available through booking websites or other nearby hotels.
Rules for Registration:
- Early Bird registrations must be submitted online or postmarked by 2/22/2020.
- Log on using your member username and password in order to be eligible for the reduced member rate. If you can not login, see the Member Login instructions below.
- The Companion Program cost does not include Monday evening Reception and Annual Banquet, please purchase separately.
- Individual education days or social events may be purchased under A' La Carte Registration.
- No refunds will be issued for cancellations.
Member Login: Please log on to https://oboa.clubexpress.com. If you have never logged in to your ClubExpress account before, or you do not know your username or password please follow these instructions: On a computer or smart Phone browser go to or click on: https://oboa.clubexpress.com/content.aspx?page_id=31&club_id=290398&action=login&su=1&sc=1 then Click on 'Forgot My Username/Password'. The system will prompt you to enter your email address and your first name. When you click OK, the system will search for this information in the club’s membership database. If one matching record is found, the username and a new temporary password is generated and sent to the email address on file. You will need to retrieve this information before you can log in, and the system will then give you the chance to change it. If no match was found, or if multiple matches were found, the system cannot generate a new temporary password. If this happens, or if your email address is no longer valid, call ClubExpress toll-free (866) 457-2582 to have your password reset manually. or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Membership Renewal, Prior to registering for the conference, your OBOA Chapter membership on ClubExpress needs to be renewed and contact information brought up to date. In order to renew your membership, go to https://oboa.clubexpress.com, log in and click on the “renew” button next to the expiration date, complete all steps for the renewal process, under payment method, pay by credit card or select pay later. If you do not see a renew button option after clicking the link, please go to member login in upper right corner of screen and reference the member login process (above). The system has a 90-day grace period for dues payment, you should still be able to register for the conference as an active member with ‘payment due’. If payment is sent to the local chapter, the Secretary or Treasurer will need to log the payment once the check is received, if payment is sent to OBOA then I will log the payment info, either way the membership will show as paid once processed.